The suspect is a 67 year old man, for the half moon bay shootout
In the city of Half moon bay, a man of 67 years of age has been suspected for a shootout, he is currently in custody. A total of 7 people have been shot in the shootout. In separate shootings on Tuesday in the US Californian community of Half Moon Bay, at least seven people were slain. It had been three days since the previous mass shooting in the state.
Some US media houses noted that, some Chinese farm workers were shot. The name of the suspect is Zhao Chunli. A farm worker himself.
Tweet by San Mateo County S.O .
“Suspect is in custody. There is no ongoing threat to the community at this time,” said San Mateo County Sheriff in a tweet.
The shooter was apprehended after being discovered in his car at the Half Moon Bay substation parking lot, according to the sheriff’s office. Without incident, he was taken into custody, and his car contained a weapon.
Zhao Chunli (wearing a red shirt) was taken into prison after being pin down to the ground by police, as seen in a video of his detention.
This the second incident after a 72 year old man, was suspected of killing 10 people during the Chinese new year event in Monterey Park, California.
Police surrounded the van after finding him there. The cops heard a gunshot as they drew near the car.
Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna claimed that the suspect died at the scene after self-inflicting a gunshot wound. Police are looking into the rationale behind the California dance hall tragedy, which claimed the lives of 11 people.
Dave Pine, president of the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, said in a statement “We are sickened by today’s tragedy in Half Moon Bay, We have not even had time to grieve for those lost in the terrible shooting in Monterey Park. Gun violence must stop.”
Get latest news on The News Garage.